Sign up to compete in an epic Dodgeball tournament for the chance to take home the coveted OctoTrophy! Even more epic than the trophy is the impact this event has on local San Francisco organizations. Our goal this year is to raise $100,000 for these great organizations: At the Crossroads (Youth Homelessness), Precita Eyes Muralists (Arts), One Degree (Social Services/Poverty-fighting Resources), Causa Justa :: Just Cause (Tenants Rights/Gentrification), Californians for Justice Education Fund (Educational Justice). All funds raised will be split evenly among the recipient organizations.
Registering a team
The entry fee is $5,000.
The National Amateur Dodgeball Association's 2016 tournament rules apply for all games. Each team needs 10 players on court at the start of gameplay, but can have up to 15 members per team to allow for substitutions. There must be at least two women on each team. Team captains will be responsible for making sure all their teammates sign the participation waiver, understand the rules, and show up on time.
No team, but you still want to support these great organizations?
You can make direct donations here.
LocationPalega Recreation Center 500 Felton St, San Francisco, CA 94134
- Sunday, June 5th
- 12:00pm Lunch for all players and attendees
- 1:00pm Sign in and warm up
- 1:30pm Welcome, introduction of nonprofit organizations
- 1:45pm Round Robin Tournament play
- 4:45pm Single Elimination Round
- 6:00pm Awards ceremony
- 6:45pm After Party at the GitHub office, 88 Colin P. Kelly Jr. St.
- 9:00pm Party ends and your team starts training for next year